We regularly advise entrepreneurs and investors in relation to start-ups, from establishment, structuring and initial capital raising through to business growth and ultimate divestment or transformation through sale, public float or merger.
We have a high level of experience and expertise with ventures in technology sectors, including:
- Life Sciences.
- IT ventures.
- Internet and cloud-based businesses.
Lowndes Jordan people have mentored numerous times at the e-Centre on Massey Albany's campus and at Startup Weekends around New Zealand.
We have also created StartupLawNZ, a streamlined package of advice and tailored documentation to assist boot-strapping start-ups to cost effectively form and structure companies, and document comprehensive shareholders' agreements.
Some interesting ventures we work with or have advised on recently:
- Lifeonics - merging biotechnology, microbiology and electronics to sense the world around us and beyond.
- Ecostore - Malcom Rands (the "Ecoman") founded, world leading business, delivering ecologically friendly skin care and cleaning products
- Secured Signing - secure, legally compliant digital signing of documents and forms, anytime, anywhere.
- 90SecondsTV - cloud video production service "the uber of video production". 2015 Deloittes Fast50 company
- BizDojo - New Zealand's premier co-working and collaboration network hosting talented freelancers, startups, small businesses and hot-deskers in social interactive environments that foster entrepreneurship
- Mega - The Privacy Company – The innovative encrypted data storage service launched in January 2013 and already one of the biggest sites in New Zealand.
- Organic Initiative - Oi is a New Zealand company led by a team of passionate, holistic women who aim to
make big changes in designing and providing pure, non-synthetic, women's personal hygiene products
- Parrot Analytics - leveraging the power of the internet to detect and monetize unsatisfied demand for creative content
- Xero - the listed, online SaaS acounting. Not really a startup anymore ;-) We assisted the team early on.
- Caldera Health - We have been involved in the establishment, seed funding and subsequent funding rounds for this company, which focuses is on the development of new diagnostics for prostate cancer.
- Simtics Limited - We acted in the establishment of this company, and since then in relation to funding agreements with overseas universities, an employee share scheme, and all other legal matters. This company is a venture involving the development of a detailed online visual system for medical education and for us as an emergency medical guide.
- Stellar Library - cloud based file storage, management and sharing targeted at users of tablet devices.
- SalesAppCentre - tablet and other device apps for training, sales and enterprise environments.
- Genesis Research and Development Corporation Ltd - Advice to the founders of this company from inception in 1996 through various stages including non-public fund raising, an IPO raising approximately $50 million with dual listing on the NZX and the ASX, collaborative research, licensing, product development, clinical trials, manufacturing agreements and related negotiations for human therapeutics involving other parties around the world.
- AgriGenesis and Biofuels – We assisted Genesis in relation to a biofuels venture through its subsidiary AgriGenesis, which was eventually sold to Vertichem Corporation.
- Androgenix - We have provided a range of advice to this company which develops reproductive technology for the livestock industry.
- Solirna Biosciences Ltd - We acted in the establishment of this company which was a venture involving Japanese investors with a focus on developing a novel single stranded gene silencing technology using RNAi with potential applications in cancer therapies.
- Slidespeech - cloud based text to speech conversion.
- Virionyx - We acted in relation to the establishment of, and all capital raising and other commercial arrangements for, Virionyx Corporation Limited, a biotechnology product development company focusing on developing novel approaches to infectious diseases. This included acting for Virionyx in relation to its initial public share offering and subsequent rights issues, and in relation to Virionyx taking its first drug candidate (a passive immunotherapy against the human immuno-deficiency virus) through development, patenting, pre-clinical testing and completing Phase I clinical trials in the United States.